Sweet Whole Wheat Rolls
Recipe came from my moms old wheat grinder manual
3 cups warm milk
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup honey
6 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, I actually use a whole tablespoon, Justin likes it with more salt
3 tablespoons yeast
8-10 cups whole wheat flour
Mix half the flour and the rest of the ingredients and let stand for 10 minutes. Mix rest of the flour in until you have a nice soft ball, some days it may take more flour. If you run out of wheat flour use white. Let rise for at least an hour or until doubled. Shape into rolls let rise another hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12? Depends on what you make. When you smell them and there golden, there done!
When I do crescent rolls I roll a chunk of dough(if you do the whole recipe after the first rise divide into 4) into a circle about 12inches. Then I spread some soft butter over it and cut into 12 triangles, roll up from the wide end, make sure the tip is on the bottom when you put it on the pan.
No comments:
Post a Comment