Wednesday, December 23, 2009

****NEWS FLASH****

*******Breaking news!!!!!********
this just in! Cara, miss lover of all things chocolate has had a falling out with her former love. It seams she was trying to bake a 3 layer chocolate cake the other day. And from out of no where it starts bubbling and spilling all over the oven, down the sides, all over the racks, just a horrible mess. She immediately turned the oven off to prevent it from burning and making a smoky house. Sources say she was not in the best of moods after that. She has her brother and wife coming in to town and she is making Christmas dinner. For those of you who know her know that she is a planner and likes to have everything planed out and some tings made a head of time. Well not this time! I interviewed some of the children and they said they were running around the house screaming and trashing the place that they didn't know what was going on, they also tried to bug her a lot with wanting snacks and such. As for the husband? I think he was puttering around the garage working on his Jeep. He did mention later that Cara's bad mood carried over to the next day. I talked with her today and she seams to be in a better mood, she got the oven all cleaned out and the house all cleaned. She is not sure exactly what happened with the batter, she thinks of her self as a pretty good baker, "I guess I was trying to do to much, have everything perfect for Christmas". When asked what she learned from this experience? "Don't try bake when your kids are all over you, take your time and make sure you measure everything correctly". She told me later that she still loves chocolate, just not all over her oven!
This is Cara
Reporting on Cara

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

You crack me up! I've never had a cake overflow... maybe because I make it from a mix. Have a good time with Simon!

fiona said...

Hahahaha!!....hahahaha!! Cara, you are hilarious! I'm glad to hear you and your best bud are back on fairly good terms. I don't know if the world could go on otherwise!

Ang said...

Always works that way doesn't it? When you have people coming over and a deadline, it all goes to crap? And then when your place is clean and the kids are angels no one is around to se it. Yep, I have the same hex on me. Angela

HeatherB said...

I think it's great that you are letting yourself see the funny side of things!