Monday, July 26, 2010

Mini Cinni chip scones



Mini Cinnamon Scones
::2 cups all-purpose flour::2 TBLS sugar::1 TBLS baking powder::1 tsp salt::1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, diced::2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten::1/2 cup cold heavy cream::1 cup cinnamon chips::1 egg beaten with 2 TBLS water, for egg wash::1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon for top. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Blend in cold butter and mix until batter is in pea-sized pieces. Combine the eggs and heavy cream and add to mixture. Combine until just blended. Add cinnamon chips. Roll out onto floured surface to 1/4" thickness. Brush with egg mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Cut into squares and then cut each square diagonally. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 400˚ for 12-15 minutes.

Well I did it! I made chocolate butter!! I am also making some brioche rolls to put it on!! I know! Butter overload! But it will be so worth it!! I'll take pictures don't worry. I have a bunch more recipes coming to. I have just been preoccupied with my birthday present-the ipad!! I love it! I still need to figure some more stuff out on it but so far I am in love and keep it close to me! Summer is finally slowing down for us, we will go school shopping soon, love school supplies! I have so many things that I want to do and blog about, I hope I can get to it all!! All I end up doing is feeding my kids and then cleaning up after them and then feed them again and then clean up, its a never ending cycle!!

No comments: