Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring break for the record books















So spring break was fun! Sort of! Ok not!! Started ok and ended really really bad. Went to the Texas museum in Austin, the kids really liked it. The kids were so off there sleeping schedule from the time change that everyone was messed up and staying up way to late, which equals cranky wild children.
On sat. we were working on the garden and then I went to start a fire in the chiminea to do hot dogs a marshmallows like we did on Monday, but this time I don't know what happened and the fire blow up my hand, I got second degree burns all over my fingers and a little on my hand and then just some first up my arm, I came inside and put a bag of ice on it, I felt like it singed my eyebrows so I went to the mirror and saw that my hair, eyebrows and eyelashes had all been singed!!! That's when I lost it and started to cry, my poor kids were all trying to comfort me it was really sweet. My hand was really hurting and started to blister on my fingers so I knew I needed to go to the hospital. So I called Justin's parents and they rushed over, Justin's dad took me to the urgent care while his mom stayed with the kids. There wasn't anybody at the urgent care, thank goodness cause my ice was melting and it was hurting! It started hurting so bad and then while they cleaned it and smeared cream all over I was shaking so bad I couldn't stop, it felt like it was still on fire. They give me some hydrocodine and that started to calm my nerves. Wrapped me up and sent me home. I only had to take the hydrocodine one more time and then just Morton. It still hurts but not a constant pain, once I went back and they drained the blisters the pressure was lessoned and it felt even better, I have to clean it and re wrap it ever day for 2 weeks, I don't like it it's disgusting. But there is a bright side there always is, it was 2nd degree, which is painful but will heal and its just one hand, could have been both or my face or something, it wasn't any of my kids, I would have just died if it happened to them, and I can still do things, I just have to work on making my left as strong as my right! I don't think I'll get my handwriting clear but thats what texting and typing are good for! And to top off the week our dog that we have had since he was 8 weeks old took off, I thought to die, he's 13 years old, but we found him a few days latter, thank goodness, I had to tell Justin and that was hard. Now back to school and hopefully a routine and healing and waiting for Justin to get home, forget about all the organizing I was trying to do!

2 comments:

Rhett and Dora said...

Hey Cara,
I am glad to see you are on the mend! I can't imagine the pain you must have. Burns are no fun. I agree with you...give up on the organizing and just survive. Chill and watch a movie when the babies are at school. You so deserve it! Hope you are feeling much better. Not too much longer.

fiona said...

Oh, man. I remember this from Facebook (of course), but now reading it again... It sounds extremely NOT fun, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.