Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chocolate Truffle Cakes



I know another chocolate recipe! What can I say I love chocolate and this one is extra good if you need a chocolate fix.

Chocolate Truffle Cakes
from Martha Stewart

5 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
14 ounces semisweet chocolate,chopped ( or use chocolate chips like I do)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously butter a standard 6-cup muffin tin. Dust with flour, tapping out excess; set aside. Or you could use a mini muffin tin so there snack size.
Put the chocolate, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; whisk occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat, and let stand until thickened and cooled,3-5 minutes. Process the eggs and remaining sugar in a food processor until pale and doubled in volume, about 2 minutes. Sift flour and salt into egg mixture;pulse to combine. Add the chocolate mixture 1/4 cup at a time;pulse each addition until combined, about 10 times.(batter will be thick.)
Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin, filling cups three quarters full. Bake until tops are springy to the touch, 18-20 minutes(half that for mini ones). Immediately turn out onto wire racks;re invert and let cool.

For extra fudgy results, make these cakes the day ahead; wrap them well in plastic wrap, refrigerate. Serve them chilled or at room temperature.
I got these cute paper cups at my local restaurant supply place. They are called nut cups. They are awesome to bake in, I just line them up on a sheet pan and fill. I use them for cupcakes, muffins and these little guys. I think I would spray these with some non-stick spray before filling, we had to rip the paper off to get them out. But they were still yummy and they are so good cold. And if I have leftovers I will pop them in the microwave for a few seconds til there nice and warm.
One last note, you don't want to over bake them as soon as they are springy when you touch the tops take them out, you want them to be nice and moist in the middle.

2 comments:

JnR said...

Those look so yummy, can't you through some in a box and mail them up here??? ha ha! I was also thinking how yummy they would be with some type of chocolate topping, frosting, mousse, pudding, something like that.

fiona said...

Oooo -- yum!!! At first I thought those were sacrament cups...and yeah, the more chocolate, the better!