

So this afternoon when the kids had gotten settled from getting home from school, I decided to sit down at the computer and post the chocolate bread recipe that I have been trying to get to, I was also talking on the phone with my sister. I could hear them playing in Zanders room getting along and laughing together and I thought well that's nice they found something to do. And then I started to smell baby powder, why do I smell baby powder? Oh no! They better not be doing what I think they are! I quickly go over to Zanders room and what do I see but a layer of powder on EVERYTHING! Annalyse was just covered, Don't ask me why she just let him squirt her over and over with the stuff I am still trying to understand. She said it was funny at first and then she thought she better start cleaning it up(that's her in the picture trying to put it in a bag). All I was worried about was them breathing it in, Z has lung problems from RSV 2 years ago so I got him out of there and cleaned up and told A to take a shower. I then proceeded to clean up the disaster, I had to wipe down all of the toys, get the shop vac from the garage and vacuum everything, wipe down the furniture, rip of the sheets and throw them into the wash. And then I had to clean up about a gallon of water all over the bathroom floor because A forgot to put the shower liner inside the tub! After all of that I still maneged to make dinner, that no one really liked. On the plus side (there is aways an upside to everything! Even bad things) My house smells like a fresh baby's bottom! And Zanders room got a good cleaning.
I think I will have some of the yummy chocolate bread, watch some t.v. and go to bed!!!!
8 comments:
Those pictures are hilarious!! Annalyse trying to clean it up, so funny -- what rascals! Yes, after that it sounds like you would need chocolate bread (that sounds yummy...), tv and bed!
How fun to find your website! Your kids are darling, even if they do look a little ghostly in this last post. Too funny! Glad to keep up with you. Susie (Winston)
Oh that's even better than I expected!!!!! Thanks for taking a picture it helps to go with the sounds I heard on the phone!!!! Ha!Ha! Like you said at least Z's room got a good cleaning and you got clean kids and a fresh smelling house out of it??? and a great blog post! Now where's the chocolate bread?
That is way too funny! How naughty of them! Ok I admit I have been a secret reader of your blog until now I just had to say something. It was way too humorous. Kids are trouble! Um...I just made your 60min rolls and all I have to say is Delish! Keep the yummy recipes coming. Have a good weekend!
Love ya,
Dora
Oh man kids can sure get in to some trouble. I like the "Why does it smell like baby powder? They aren't doing what I think..." It's exactly how the thoughts play out.
My son and niece got into Vaseline then Comet (like the Comet stuck to the Vaseline!)once when Grandpa was supposed to be babysitting. Needless to say my dad doesn't babysit much anymore!
Totally looking forward to the chocolate bread!
So crazy. It is so great that you found some things to be grateful for about the situation. What an adventure.
The look on Annalyse's face is priceless! On the bright side, at least they get along well, right? Sounds like an exciting Friday night...chocolate bread, TV, and bed would be the perfect ending, LOL!
oh my goodness. just breezing through posts here for now since i am short on time but wow. how could i not stop at this one?
yikes! you seem to have a good attitude about it! :)
Post a Comment