Friday, November 2, 2007

Favorite Pasta


I love this pasta so I thought I would share.


Tomato and olive penne


1 pound penne pasta

1/4 cup olive oil

2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (if you don't have any just sprinkle some garlic powder in the pan)

2/3 pound cherry tomato's, halved

1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional but really gives it flavor)

1/4 cup Kalamata olives, (get the pitted kind) and halve them

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese(fresh really is the best)


Cook the pasta and drain.

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over med. heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring, until just golden, about one minute. Add the tomato's and crushed red pepper. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, until tomato juices run, about 3 minutes.

Add the penne, olives and cheese to the skillet and toss t combine. Serve with more cheese if desired.


For kids

If you're cooking for kids who don't like olives, toss the olives in for the adults after you've served the kids.

3 comments:

carlo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carlo said...

oh now that looks so great! yummy!

so glad you are posting recipes again! the sugar cookies look delish, too.

(sorry-- the above delete was mine. you should have my blog address now though if you want it!)

JnR said...

That looks so yummy right now, I am hungry and don't want to make anything, why can't you live closer?