
This is my favorite sugar cookie recipe, they come out so soft and yummy and the best part is you don't have to refrigerate the dough.
Sugar Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Cream the butter, shortening and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mix just until incorporated. Add the vanilla and then he dry ingredients. Mix until it all comes to gether. Turn out and roll to your desired thickness( I like thick soft ones so I roll to a 1/4 inch or so). Cut out with cookie cutters put them on your ungreased cookie sheet(I put parchment paper on my pans) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until they get slightly golden on the edges. When you take the out you can let then set on the pan for a few minutes and they will continue to cook so you will have perfect centers.
My husband and I don't like icing on our so I just sprinkle sugar on ours and the kids haven't gotten to decorate the rest yet.
You can make some quick icing with just powdered sugar and milk until you get the consistence you want. If you make it a little thick you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds and it will make it runny enough to dip them in.
1 comment:
I've noticed that not only do you have really great recipes, but your pictures of food are very well done, too. I guess it helps that you have yummy-looking food as the subject...
Post a Comment