Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pants, eggs, crepes








Well lets start at the top of the photos and work our way down shall we?! First is Madden in his little pants that I made him with some knee pads, so cute, and I even lined them with knit, the fabric was a bit thin. He is the cutest little thing and gets his cheese face on for the camera every time! I have a bunch more things I am working on, and trying to find the time to sew is kinda hard with the baby wanting to get in my lap every time I sit down to sew!
Then I don't think I was telling everyone but I did get some more chickens back in May. They were a bit older and are just now laying some eggs. I feel so proud that I kept them alive long enough to give me some eggs. I had to get rid of Jill, gave her to a family with boys and another big dog so shes good. I got my very fist egg Sunday morning, I was like a little kid running into the house to show the kids and then Justin Saying the whole time"I did it! I did it! I got an egg!" I know I'm a dork! But its been a long road to get to this point! I got another one Monday morning so I think I have two that have started to lay, and I think its my Americans which lay blue green eggs which are so pretty. There little right now while they start out and should get a little bigger, you can tell in the picture with the brown egg(not mine) that mine are a little small! Still its so cool to go out and find little eggs in the nesting boxes, like little edible gifts they left you! And so with those little guys (I didn't want to eat them! Just keep them and look at them) I made crepes this morning for breakfast, filled with homemade blackberry jam and whipped cream. I was feeling inspired after watching the Movie Jule and Julia last night! Great movie by the way, if your a foodie and a blogger like me :) I had never made crepes actually, always wanted to, like them , think about them, so I went for it and tried it out! It takes a couple mess ups before you get a good one, but once you get the flipping down it wasn't that bad. I loved them, they kids thought they were ok, I would love to make some savory ones next. I don't think Justin will eat them though. Well ta ta for now! I have 4 loads of laundry to fold, 4 to wash, and 5 kids running around to day!

1 comment:

amanda said...

well i am beginning to think that you can do it all! But my mom always had americans and they lay the best eggs so once you start eating those bkue green eggs you will never go nack to store bought ones!!!! Oh and I am sure you know this but my mom's chicken love grass! I wish I had some! I love the pants too!