Have I done this one?
These were one of my sisters favorite cookies, she would make them often. And when my little brother Gavin was really ill right before he passed, my mom would try to get him to eat anything and was naming off some things and when she got to theses no bake cookies he said no, and she asked again if he was sure and she would make them with love, he loved them just as much as Roshelle did. So when she asked yet again if he was sure he didn't want any, he said he wanted Roshelle to make them ,because she made them with CF love. So to me these are CF love cookies, but you can just call them no bake cookies! Either way they are yummy cookies that you don't have to bake.
No-Bake Cookies
In medium saucepan combine:
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
Stir in, bring to a boil and boil one minute:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
Stir in thoroughly:
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
Fold in:
3 cups oatmeal
Place in spoonfuls on waxed paper. Cool completely.
3 comments:
Hey Cara!
I just made a bundt cake recipe that Rochelle sent me via email when I sent out that recipe exchange. It was so delicious! I think you have the chocolate version on your blog, of course. I made it with the lemmon cake mix and pudding. Yumola...the best birthday cake ever! I am definitely going to try the chocolate one soon. And we love no bake, I mean CF Love cookies around here too. Happy memmories.
love ya,
Dora
When I saw the picture, before I read your text, I thought "awww, Roshelle's favorite!" She gave me this recipe when she lived in Orem right after they got married! They were awesome- I'd never had them with peanut butter.
! =)
Yeah, I'm totally going to start making these in honor of Roshelle :) I almost made them today, and then realized I didn't have nearly enough oatmeal, and had to do brownies instead. Sigh.
Post a Comment