We will now go back to our regularly scheduled programing. The Holidays were fun and great but I'm glad were getting back to our regular routine. Justin went back to work today so that already feels back to the norm, I love having him home but it throws me off my routine cause all I want to do his hang out with him, but all he wants to do his get things done around the house that he never has the time to do(oh and game ever spare minute he has!). It was great to have him home for 2 weeks though. I kept trying to find some time to blog about all the pictures I posted but I was to busy trying to get the house in order after Christmas and visitors it kinda got trashed. So now I have a few minutes to explain some of the photos!
My Brother Simon and his wife Tierra came down to spend Christmas with us I felt so special that they wanted to spend it with me and my crazy brood. We had a wonderful time going down town San Antonio, seeing the Alamo, the wax museum, and Ripley's believe it or not, that's some of the weird pictures you see. Christmas was beautiful and fast, Tierra likes to saver ever moment(as do I) But my children were to excited that they tore into everything and had it over in about 10 minutes. They got so many wonderful things, as did I ;)
Now the pool??? well we had a very strong wind storm Christmas eve and it blow it down!! Justin and Simon had to take the walls down so it wouldn't get to ruined. That thing as been such a pain in the butt! I really really really hope we can be able to put it back up come spring.
We also went to Fredricksburg TX, a quaint little German town with lots of cool little shops to look at, I had the best time! It was awesome weather, shopping, and my family, couldn't ask for a better day. Zander, he is so funny, we went to this ice cream shop and he saw those little gum ball machines with the toys in them and wanted to get something really bad, so we scraped 50 cents together and he went to get it. When he came back to the table he was wearing these crazy hillbilly teeth! He cracks me up everyday! So the pictures of him and weird teeth are the buck teeth he got, he has a thing for those kinda things, he went crazy for some vampire ones at Halloween time. We let the kids play at the park and ware off all the ice cream and then they slept the whole way home!!
As for new years we did nothing, zilch, Nada, hung around and watched movies all day, which wouldn't have been that bad if we hadn't been doing that all week!! Then I came down with a nasty sinus infection and was out the rest of the weekend. Today is Monday and I am feeling soo much better and ready for these monkeys to start school!! I will try to put up the recipes for some of the stuff I made over Christmas, like the marshmallows and hot chocolate. Oh! and did you see the triple layer chocolate cake with homemade marshmallows on top???? Yea we had a rocky start but it turned out and was so chocolaty good!!! Oh and I was reading in an alternative medicine book that dark chocolate is good for coughing, who knew? One more reason to love chocolate I guess!
1 comment:
Totally filing away the dark chocolate being good for coughing tidbit...
Post a Comment