Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Instead of a Christmas Card I do a New Years Letter


Happy New Year Ya’ll!
January 2010
Another year has flown by and time for our annual letter.
This last year was a good one for us. One of the main things that happened this year was Annalyse’s baptism in July, a very special time for the whole family. She is maturing faster than I can keep up with. She is learning to play the piano and got a nice keyboard for Christmas to hopefully keep that talent alive. She is doing excellent in school and is in an after school program called Destination Imagination, which I somehow ended up being the leader of. She is such a great help around the house and loves to cook and bake just like her Mamma.
Zander is our 4 year old who is all boy to the core. He and Madden play boy stuff all day long, shooting, wrestling, cars, transformers, heroes, you name it and they play it. It sometimes ends in a bunch of ”I’m sorry’s” or ”I didn’t mean to”, but they are good pals and I am glad they have each other to play with. Zander is also attending pre-school this year and loves it. His teacher is a good friend of ours so he is always excited to go, and he gets his backpack ready at least 3 hours before it is time to leave. He is learning very quickly and can spell his name and count really well. I can’t believe he will start kinder in the fall. He also cracks us up daily with his cute since of humor, like buying hillbilly buck teeth out of a vending machine.
Madden J, what can I say, he is the sweetest little Mamma’s boy! Thinks he can do anything his older brother can do, like jumping off things or wrestling the older kids. He is such a happy child and goes with the flow. He does however have a temper at certain times but I think he is just trying to find his place in the family and let us know that he is part of it to! He is growing up way to fast and I am trying to savor every moment because I know the terrible 2’s and 3’s are around the corner.
Justin is still an IT manager at USAA and loves it, says it’s hard but he likes a challenge. He is running the auto insurance development part which keeps him quite busy. He is still building his Jeep, he was off for 2 weeks during the holiday and was able to work on it quite a bit, I think they were able to get the engine to turn over. I know not the most exciting news but it’s a milestone for him! I just can’t wait until it is finished so I can drive it through some huge mud puddle!! He also keeps busy building things for the house, he made some built in bookshelf in the office, shelves in the pantry and any other little things I need for the house.
As for Me? I keep very busy with the kids and house, trying to keep it under control. I am excited to get my sewing done on my new Serger I got for Christmas. I am now learning how to sew clothes for the kids and having fun doing cute projects I had been bookmarking throughout the year. A big accomplishment for me this year was that I got my chickens and kept them alive; I am now getting eggs from all 8 of them. I am working on making a homestead, up next this year is a garden that the dear don’t eat, wish me luck on that one!
We had a wonderful 2009 and hope 2010 is just as good, and we hope all of you have a great year as well, we are so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in our life, wishing you the very best.
Love the Horton Family
This for all of you who I don't have an address for!

1 comment:

fiona said...

Have I ever mentioned what a good-looking family y'all are? Well, you are. I love how into going mudding you are, you're awesome! And good job on keeping those chickens alive. I'm glad they're cooperating and haven't kicked the bucket.