Sunday, May 30, 2010

A peek into my Garden






Things are really starting to take off over here. The cucumbers have gone crazy and taking over the carrots area. The last picture is an 11 inch cucumber! I see sliced cucumbers and ranch dressing for lunch :) And so is the basal, need to pick a bunch and make some pesto! I couldn't get any good pictures of the tomatoes which are doing very well but all the tomatoes are on the bottom under a thick layer of leaves!
I absolutely love my garden, I love being able to grow my own food and watch the plants change from seedlings to giants. It's one of Gods many wonders.
I was reading someones blog and they keep bee's....I think I want to try my hand at Bee's! Imagine having the freshest honey??? On some homemade bread??? Oh I'm getting excited just thinking about it, haven't told Justin about this next adventure...yet! It has to bee easier then chickens cause I don't think the dogs would want to mess with them! I need to do some reading up on Bee keeping.
I am also still working on getting a Goat for milk. Haven't talked Justin into it yet :)
And I think I will put a little pond by the garden, then we could have fresh fish to eat! I am all about the self sustaining hobby farm thing I have going on!

2 comments:

Molly said...

you are so impressive! thanks for motivating me off my lazy bum to be more self sustaining. :)

fiona said...

Whatta garden! That is a big cuke. Guess what? I totally have been wanting to keep bees, too! We see hives (are they still called hives when they're in those boxes, you know, being "kept"?) here and there and I love fresh roadside honey. So, yeah, please do it, and then you can teach me how when we move back to the States! Great plan... :)