
Sorry for the pause in posts, this morning sickness is kicking my butt! And both my kids have sinus infections, so any who I made these sticky things for conference Sunday as a special treat. I have several recipes that I use for cinnamon rolls but found that this one had only one rise, which means quicker to make! Without further Adi her is the recipe.
One -Rise Caramel Rolls
From the Pillsbury Complete Book of Baking (which has high altitude directions for those of you who need that)
Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup whipping cream(do not substitute)
Rolls
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 egg
Filling
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, combine the topping ingredients. set aside.
In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour,1/4 cup sugar, salt and yeast; blend well. In small sauce pan(or microwave) heat water and 2 tablespoons butter until very warm(120-130F). Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in remaining 2 cups flour to form a stiff dough(I let the kitchen Aid mix it all).
On floured surface, knead 2-3 minutes. Press or roll dough into 15x7-inch rectangle. In small bowl, combine filling ingredients; spread over the dough. Starting with the 15-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing edges to seal. Cut into 15 rolls; place, cut side down, over topping in pan. Cover; let rise i warm place until light and doubled in size, about 30-45 minutes.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Uncover dough. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes. Invert onto serving platter or foil.
I actually made these Saturday night and we warmed them up in the morning, so good!
2 comments:
Wow those look so yummy! I wish I had some on conference sunday! I have that cookbook though so I guess I can make them myself sometime. Man I wish I lived closer to you!
Those look so gooey and delicious! Seriously, I cannot read your blog when I am hungry...And sorry about the morning sickness, that stinks!!
Post a Comment