Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Apple Pie Love


Justin LOVES apple pie and I'm in love with Justin, so I made him a pie with love and hearts!
This is one my throw together recipes.
You can use a ready made pie crust or make your own, I made one, had a new recipe where you add a teaspoon of vanilla,yum! I'm on a vanilla kick ;)
then I slice up about 6 med. apples into a sauce pan, add 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Heat until the sugar is dissolved and Apple's are a little soft. Pour into your crust, put your top crust on, poke some holes on top, brush with some egg wash and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake 400 degrees until golden on top.

*
Pie Crust
1 2/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 sticks cold butter, chopped
1/3 cup ice water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Place flour,sugar and baking powder in a food processor and process to combine. Add butter and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. With motor running, gradually add the water and vanilla and process until the mixture comes together to form a smooth dough. wrap in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes before using.
I just noticed the ingredients list looks like a Christmas tree!! :)
It's the simple things people!!!

1 comment:

fiona said...

That was the cutest opening line :) This sounds so good...why do yo do this to me??? Sigh. Guess I'll hafta make an apple pie now. (Really, I'm NOT disappointed, haha!)