Friday, October 3, 2008

Mommy Moment

My chunky, slobbery, squishy, happy baby!

Since this is my journal you all get to hear about my mommy moment the other day. I am sure there are lots of moms who have done something similar so I don't feel so embarrassed.
I started walking the walking trail that our little town has a couple of mornings, and one morning I met my friend there, I got out and was getting the stroller out, Zander climbed all the way to the back so I let him out and then closed the door, I don't know how but when I went to open up Maddens door it was locked, I then check all the other doors, locked! I can't believe it! I locked my baby in the truck! And there was my keys laying next to my purse on the front seat. If Z was still in there he could have unlocked the door. I looked at my friend and asked her "what do I do?!" I have never done anything like this before! She said to call the police and they come and open it up for you. I opted to call my husband first with her cell phone. after I told him he kinda freaked out, but I told him the baby was fine he's looking at me and not screaming his head off. He then told me to have my friend drive to my house(15min. away) to get our spare key, which was on his key ring in his truck, which he just happened to not drive that day. So she did while I waited at the truck, I was looking at Madden and waving at him so he wouldn't cry, feeling like a horrible mom for accidentally locking him in there. He just turned his head and went to sleep! And there he slept for 30min. while I was waiting for my friend(who I owe a huge thanks and lunch to!) She made it back in record time and all was well, and we still did our walk! Frazzled and all!
I am just so thankful that my friend was there, it was a cool morning, Madden feel asleep, it wasn't my husbands day to drive, cell phones, that Justin had made an extra key to my truck just weeks before and the Lord looking out for us!

So there you have it, one of probably more mommy moments to come! Just hope there not dangerous ones!


Tip for the day, always keep your keys in your hand!

If any of you local readers would like to join us walking, we hit the trail about 8:30am, call me!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That baby picture is the best ever. Look at that grin!!!

Done the locked car, in a snowstorm, downtown Philadelphia, someone called 911, so in addition to feeling like a total failure, two fire trucks with sirens and lights helped seal the deal.

fiona said...

Oh boy! I haven't done that with these two yet, so I'm totally due with our next one...though I have known many others who have. That's great that he just went to sleep, he definitely knows how to handle a crisis, keeping his cool and all. Can his cheeks get any bigger??? He is so dang cute and chubby, I want to squish him, too! I'm glad everything worked out so well, and good thing no one called 911 and you had fire trucks show up! That is funny! (After the fact, I'm sure :)

Carolyn said...

He is way cute, and I am so glad that he is ok. I love the monkey pants you made and the growling video is precious.

Molly said...

done that too! luckily, cory had the kids!! you are so funny. and that baby is so cute and squishy!!!

Rhett and Dora said...

He is way too cute! He needs to be squeezed by me!

Jenni said...

I wanna bite him!!! Oh silly Cara-- you area the best mom ever... one mistake every now and then is ok =)