


This recipe came from my very first cookbook I got when I was about 9? I loved it and made quite a few things from it, one of which was this Play Dough. My kids love play dough and will play with it for hours and I don't mind to much, they do make a mess but if you just let it dry you can sweep it right up! So I made some for Z today so I can do some sewing! I have about 1-2 hours!
Play Dough
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup salt
1 tablespoon vegitable oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 teaspoons food coloring
1 cup water
1. Mix flour, salt and cream of tarter in a medium pot.
2. Add water, food coloring and oil.
3. Stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Dont worry if the mixture looks like a globby mess; it will turn into dough!
4. When the mixture forms a ball in the center of the pot turn off the stove and let cool. Then take it out of the pot and kneed it on the counter for a few minutes until you have a nice ball of dough!
When you finished make sure to put it in an air tight container or plastic baggie for next time.
2 comments:
What a cutie, I remember making that play dough. So I was thinking, since Z never wears any clothes you will have lots of good clothes for the new boy (unless of course he doesn't wear clothes either!!!).
ellie loves this -- they make it at preschool each month and do different colors. She was very excited for the pink this month
Post a Comment