Monday, November 17, 2008

Gourmet Baby Food

Reminds me of that movie Baby Boom!
I had picked up Tyler Florence's new cook book at Costco. It had a lot of good things in there that I wanted to make, when I got home and took a better look at it I found that he had a section on baby food he makes for his own children, I was so excited! I hate buying baby food, I had made baby food for the other kids but it was just dull mushed up stuff, so now Baby M gets the good stuff! I even think they taste good. His trick for sweeter and taster? Roast the fruits and veggies! I don't know why I never thought of that! Of course they taste better then steaming(like I was doing!)
Roasted apples and vanilla bean(I added the vanilla bean:)
BEFORE
AFTER, Mmmmm this is good! The other kids are gonna like this apple sauce to!

Roasted squash, zucchini and potato(he said use a gold potato but I didn't have one)
BEFORE
AFTER, with fresh grated parmesan. this was good to if you like your veggies all pureed! And the parmesan gives it a little salt and flavor.


I already had made the Banana, Brown rice. And the Oatmeal, roasted apple and cinnamon. both are good:) Sorry no pic's, it was last week and I just forgot to blog about it!!!
There are a couple more I am going to make so stay tuned!
Oh! I am putting them in little baggies and freezing them!



5 comments:

fiona said...

Mmmm....lucky, lucky Madden!

Molly said...

yummy. im doing it. emery will thank you when she can talk.

Hannah Jones said...

You are a domestic goddess!!!

Wendyburd1 said...

ummm has baby tried that GREEN stuff???!

Meggysue said...

I love your blog!! I love all the crafts and recipes. The baby food totally reminds me of Baby Boom!