Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yo Yo Yo Yo

It's yogurt! In the crock pot! It worked! And it is good!
It's not as thick like the stuff you buy, they put stuff in it to make it thick. When it was done I added a little unflavored gelatin to see if that would thicken it a bit more. I'll let you know! I also put a vanilla been in there to flavor it, I think it came out good, the real test will be on Annalyse when she tries it. I got the recipe from here.
Jen, this is a vanilla bean, you buy them like this and then when you are ready to use it, you split it down the middle and scrape out all the vanilla seeds inside and add it to what ever. The seeds are where all the flavor is and is so much better then regular liquid vanilla. I am also addicted to vanilla, like I am to chocolate! I try to put it in everything, even oatmeal. Right now I have vanilla beans, vanilla paste(the vanilla seeds and a thick syrup) and a huge bottle of vanilla from Costco, in my cabinet.

I will let you know what the all around verdict is after A tries it, to see if I will be doing this again.



5 comments:

Jenni said...

Ohhh... I see! Where the heck do ya buy those ugly things? Vanilla is yummy.. I wish you were here or I was there. I need to taste this stuff!! Yum!

fiona said...

Wow, now I've seen it all!! Okay, prob not, but it sounds good. Let us know how the Annalyse test goes!

Okay, I just checked out the recipe, and it's do-able for someone like me! And healthy, fresh, and cheap!

Emilee said...

I just wanted to tell you that I tried the Mac and Cheese and it was delicious. My family loved it. I am now a huge fan of southern plate. I also made the grilled chicken without the grill and if you havent tried it you should, it was really good.

*MARY* said...

This is so odd, I've just gotta give it a try.

Hannah Jones said...

Crazy! Give us an update after A tries it! :)
I'm glad you posted what a vanilla bean looks like. I'm for sure going to try it. I also love vanilla, thanks for introducing me to the goodness of the fresh stuff! :) I am excited to give it a shot!