BANANA CAKE BARS
½ cup butter, soft
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs 1cup sour cream 2 medium ripe bananas (abut 1 cup), mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs, bananas and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt, add to creamed mixture and mix well. Pour
into a greased jellyroll pan. I like it a bit thicker so I put it in a 9x13.
Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bars test done.
FROSTING FOR BARS
½ cup butter
8 ounces cream cheese -- softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Cool before frosting. I couldn't wait until they were totally cooled so I made the icing a little thicker and put it on while it was still warm......so good warm mmm.....I think I will go get another piece.
For frosting, cream butter and cream cheese, add powder sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
1 comment:
Those sound sooo good! I love banana stuff, and these are different from the standard muffin/bread...
Post a Comment