Friday, November 6, 2009

Don't throw away those cereal boxes!

I have a cool craft you can do with them!



You can make little notebooks! Just like those expensive moleskin ones at the store that cost $10 each! Just cut the back and front to whatever size you want, I had a small box so these are 9x6. Then cut your paper the same or a little smaller, fold in half and sew down the middle(by hand or with machine) I LOVE these things I could have a hundred and it not be enough! Great for the kids to doodle in at church or wherever. With my extra paper I made a little skinny note pad for jotting the million things I need to do or things I need to get from the store. And since we eat a lot of cereal I guess I will be making quite a few of these! I think I will have the kids decorate the outside of there's with stickers or paint or nice paper or whatever. The ideas or limitless! I love recycling don't you?

2 comments:

amanda said...

AWESOME!!!

fiona said...

Cool idea! I like those...they'd be cute, too, with the design side out on some of them...hmm... I really need a sewing machine! I've asked Santa for one, we'll see...