I was able to open up the windows this morning! After five months of being closed they were a little stuck, but they are open now and a wonderful breeze is flowing through the house!
I feel like I can breathe again! Its not even that cold, about 70 degrees, but it feels heavenly! This is just a tease though, we still have some more 90 degree days ahead, but for right now this is the first day of cooler weather to come, it relaxes me and lets me know that more is on the way. And I will be able to put the sweltering hot stickiness away for awhile. We will venture out into the world again! The kids can play outside, we can go to the park or Zoo and not melt, oh the the wonderful things that come with the fall! Ideas for our pumpkin party in Oct. are dancing around in my head! I think instead of calling it a pumpkin party I should call it a fall celebration party because that's what it is to me! A celebration that it is finally here!
Just breathing this cool air is refreshing and energizing! It makes me want to have a bonfire and roast some squishy marshmallows until the are melting off my stick. And sit on the deck all morning with my mug of soul satisfying hot chocolate, and new book or magazine in hand, while the children run around the yard. Life is beautiful in the fall! I think we might have dinner out on the deck tonight! We have to soak up all that we can before its gone!
1 comment:
Oh, this is such a refreshing-sounding post!! We're excited for our change to spring/summer, but I do miss having nice fall weather for Halloween, etc. Yes, enjoy the "cool" 70 degrees while you can!
Post a Comment