Friday, September 19, 2008

Should I stay or should I go?

back to the city that is! I had a rude awaking this morning at about 6am (30min. before I had to be up!) I reached down to pull the covers up and got stung on the thumb by a SCORPION !!! I jumped out of bed to find it on me but couldn't so I turned the light on next to my bed still wiping my self to find the (insert bad name here)! I found him crawling on my back! It was a baby to, which means mom is somewhere. So I was fully awake and shaking this morning! The worst part is Z came into my bed earlier and Madden woke up like 5 times last night, I am so glad it didn't get on them! I have no idea if they are allergic or not and don't want to find out! I'm not, thank goodness, that's like the third time getting stung.
But not to worry! I found mom on the wall in the kids bathroom! I think I said a bad word like, the thing that keeps water back + it. And then proceeded to whack it with a shoe. A was in there brushing her teeth and asked me, "what was that word you used when killing them?" I told her it was a bad word so don't say it! I was already in a bad mood from getting stung first thing in the morning in my bed, the one place you should feel safe and comfortable!
I just need to get out of Texas!!!
Oh and the nice post about having the nice weather and opening up the windows? Well we all have allergy problems now, even baby M has a runny nose! So closed the windows and turned on the air, I was just trying to save some money and enjoy the cooler weather and air out the house! And look what it did! Gave me a big headache, runny nose, sneezing and possible a scorpion bite(if that's how he came in).
I do like it out here in the country, I just can't stand all the stinkin bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Justin keeps saying they are coming in is because or house is still new, its three years old they should be done coming in by now!!!!! Go bother they other new homes in the neighborhood!
I know God created earth and all the little bugs and stuff, but why scorpions? They give me the creeps!!!
Okay I feel better, sorry for the long complaining post!

Pros for staying in the country:
no close neighbors
3 acres for the kids to go play on
lots of big oak trees
room for a horse some day
cooler then city
quiet and peaceful

Cons for staying in the country:
BUGS, VARMINTS, WILD ANIMALS
15 minutes from town
one friend out here

Pros for the city:
could get a bigger house, its more expensive in this little town that we live in!
friends close by
stores close by :) could be bad for the wallet though!!
less gas money

Cons for the city:
neighbors to close
not a big yard
hotter then country
lots of noise

What do you think?
Am I being rational or doing this all in a fit of rage against all things creepy crawly?
I'm gong to Home Depot to get some Home Defence spray for the house!

4 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Ok, first 1/2 clorox and 1/2 water will take the sting out of the scorpion bite. Probably won't work now, but keep some on hand. It works for fire ants too. (actually for a lot of ouchy bugs)

second, enjoy the country, but if you move closer, you'll have me!

third, I might have slipped something stronger than D*** it!

last, yes, I traced my silverware. I was able to get everything to fit on a 12 x 12. It was close, but it fit.

Hope you have a better day!

fiona said...

Oh man! In bed with you??? That is terrible!! But, not being the one who has been stung 3 times in my own house, I vote for letting the rage cool down a little and then reassessing... The 3 acres and oak trees, wow. Hard to give up. And then how would you play in the mud on the 4-wheelers??

Kelly said...

Yikes! In your bed! I'd be saying a whole lot more than that one little word!

But when there aren't creepy crawlies in your bed, all your beautiful hard work on the yard sure is nice! And we are having miserable allergies here (at least my poorly allergic one is) after having our windows open last week too. So that's a given anywhere, country or city.

Nuke the bugs!

Jenni said...

I vote Washington!!! hee hee