Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yeah its that good!!!

Warning!!!!!!

This recipe is for die hard chocolate lovers only!!!!!
Any one else will not be able to handle all of this chocolate goodness!!

This is the bomb of all chocolate cakes! (hope I don't get monitored for using bomb in this post!:)
But DANG this cake is awesome! Its Nigellas Quadruple chocolate cake recipe, not double or triple but Quadruple!!! It is so moist and gooey good. I have been picking at it all day, and I am going to have to do an extra 30 on the elliptical :) but It will be well worth it! it not only is the best chocolate cake ever it is so simple to make! Try it and we can work out together!


Quadruple Chocolate Loaf cake
Cake
1 2/3 c. AP flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. cocoa
1 1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
2 T. vanilla
1/3 c. sour cream
1/2 c. boiling water
1 c. mini chocolate chips

Syrup
1 tsp. cocoa
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water

2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped or curled, for garnish

Equipment: Loaf pan - approximately 9.5 x 4.5 x 3 inches, lined with greased foil, overhanging at the top. Preheat oven to 325F and place baking sheet on middle rack.

In processor, add flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream - blitz until smooth. Scrape down batter and process again while pouring boiling water down the funnel. Turn off, remove lid and add chocolate chips, using spatula to combine.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and place on baking sheet in the oven; cook for about 1 hour. The cake will be done when the loaf has risen, split down the middle, and a cake tester comes out fairly clean.

About 10 minutes before the cake should be done, put the syrup ingredients into a small saucepan and boil for 5 minutes (it won't thicken much).

When the cake is done, place it on a cooling rack (still in the pan) and pierce here and there using a kabob skewer, cake tester, or chop stick. Pour the syrup over the cake, letting it soak in. Allow the cake to come to room temperature, then remove it from the pan and remove the foil. Sprinkle with generously with chocolate garnish. ENJOY!

5 comments:

Emilee said...

I just read your previous post on wordless Wednesdays and i just wanted to tell you that I feel like picking up the phone and calling Ro too, or sending an email, or checking her blog to see any new updates. I feel an emptiness in that part of my heart and have to catch myself before I let it get too hard. I loved her dearly.

fiona said...

Cara, I seriously think I gained 5 pounds just READING about this cake. But, you were right, it was worth it! Or it would be if I had actually eaten it...I think it would definitely be dangerous to have around! ...yummm...

Barlow Fam said...

Ok, so I've been thinking about this stupid cake since I read it on your blog, now today after I was telling a few other people about it I woke up from a nap and realized it was the focus of my dream! Yes, I made it, it's in the oven right now and I can't wait to stab a fork in it!!! Thank you, I think! : )

Barlow Fam said...

Me again. Yes, it is AMAZING! Thank you so much. I'm going to have to pass this one on. :)

Jenni said...

Oh goodness~~ I want it!! I wish I was there cuz I know we would have shared some of this bad boy!!! I miss you!~xoxoxo~