Monday, May 5, 2008

A little Snicker and Doodle



1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup butter, softened

1/2 cup shortening

2 eggs

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt


1/4 cup sugar

2 teaspoons cinnamon


Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Sir in the flour, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt.

Shape into 1 1 /4 inch balls(I use a cookie scoop). Mix the 1/4 cup of sugar and the cinnamon. roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. lace 2 inches apart on ungreasd cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

2 comments:

fiona said...

Oh, I haven't had snickerdoodles in sooo long! I may hafta try this recipe, they sound good!

carlo said...

oh you hit an oldie but goodie.

your blog makes me so hungry ...