Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Chillin at the river

So much for Wordless Wednesday!! We got board so we went to the river which is just a mile away, our Subdivision has two parks on the Guadalupe River.
It's a little bright! Don't you just love his big hat!
I think they were looking for shells.

The river is so low with this drought! It is usually about 3 or 4 feet in some points right now they can walk all the way across. Which is good for them, I don't have to worry about them drifting down stream!
To show you how high the river got when we had a massive flood one year, if you can see the tree on the right at the very top there are branches and stuff? That's how high the river got! Crazy!


Annalyse took this picture, like my bathing suite? Its all that fits right now!

We were only there for an hour before someone got cranky(Madden) so we headed home!
We also brought some rocks home to paint, after we are done I will post a picture of them!








2 comments:

fiona said...

That is nice that you didn't hafta worry about too-deep water right there! One drought benefit...how awesome to have the river just a mile away!

JnR said...

That hat is adorable! When I was there it was amazing back then to see how flooded it was I bet its even more impressive since the water is lower.

Once again good picture A! I think she should take more...

Can't wait to see the painted rocks!