Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Super Moist Super Chocolate Cake

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!


Another year another chocolate cake! This one was made from a box mix which I usually don't do but the recipe sounded so good! And it is! I was going to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top to make it look pretty but I didn't have any, time to go to the store I guess.


Well I am the big 3 0 now, I can't believe it yet I still feel like I am in my 20's(don't know if I still look it any more after three kids!) Everyone keeps telling me its all down hill from now on, but I think this is where it starts, I am not the newlywed or new mom anymore, I have been married for 10 years have 3 children and life is in full swing! It feels good! I love my life and family!
Don't know what were going to do for my birthday yet, I'm hopping for a movie and dinner with my hubby(and baby:).
I do know that me and my thighs are going to enjoy that cake!!!


Super Moist Fudge Bundt Cake
1 devils food cake mix
1 4-serving instant chocolate pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream (not low-fat or fat-free)
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Stir down sides. Continue to mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared (i.e. greased and floured) bundt pan. Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 20 minutes. Invert onto serving platter. I usually dust mine with powdered sugar for an elegant look before digging in.
Best served with a tall glass of cold milk!

5 comments:

Rhett and Dora said...

Happy Birthday Cara! I am so glad you were born! I hope you have a fabulous rest of your birthday week.
love ya,
Dora

JnR said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I do hope it's happy and fun and a little relaxing, and full of smiles and laughter from your kids. Life is wonderful, a birthday is a celebration of another year of wonderful memories made.

Molly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARA!!! I SURE WISH I COULD ENJOY THAT CAKE WITH YOU... MY THIGHS ARE JEALOUS... :) HAVE LOTS OF FUN TODAY WITH THE KIDS AND JUSTIN.

Emmie-Lew said...

Happy Birthday! I totally LOVE that cake- it's my FAV! I have your book, too--- call me and we'll get together! :)

fiona said...

I hope you had a great birthday! How could you NOT with that cake to eat??? It looks divine!!!